May 15, 2015 by jayce428
BDSM has been many things in my life, and it’s definitely an adventure that is 110% worth it. But the great thing about that adventure is that it never ends, while I’m still living with the identity of a submissive it continues.
Remembering that not all submissives or slaves are females, sometimes subs or slaves are male as in my case.
I found the first thing that definitely helps me is evaluating my faults, and accepting the ones I am currently unable to change at the moment – but also seeing where I can start changing today.
Though helping your own esteem as a sub would be the same if you were in a vanilla relationship or any other situation:
(1) Make sure your around the right people. Other subs might not positive and might be bring you down with them, and you might be better to stick around the subs that are always happy. And make sure the Master(s) your with don’t bring you down.
(2) Treat others right. You will feel so much better about yourself when you know that you made that person feel better about themselves.
(3) Affirmations! I love to post little affirmations on the wall next to my bed so that when I wake up I’ll see them, hopefully it’ll make my day better then the alternative.
(4) Make a list of positive things about yourself! Or things you enjoy. It might seem a little childish, but this is just a simple thing that makes you feel better.
(5) Dress in what makes you feel comfortable or sexy! I have found dressing in what I love makes me feel so much more happy.